Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Teamwork

Bridle says "there is no I in team" while talking about the importance of teamwork. There are many components to being a great soccer player, most of them are technical but you also have to have the right mindset and the ability to have good team work. Soccer, being a team oriented sport, relies on your ability to cooperate with people, including your teammates and coaches.



Communication on the field in vital. Bob talks about how you must help your teammates be aware of their surroundings defensively and offensively (138). You also must support your teammate on and off the field. You should be there to cover for them or to emotionally support them on the field. Before or after games, as a responsible teammate you would get them pumped up and then make them feel better about their game or help them understand what they can do better.





Bridle talks about friendships formed on the field as one of the better perks of playing sports. Since you spend so much time with the people at the sports practices and competitions you make strong friendships. Personally, I have made most of my closest friendships through sports and enjoy spending most of my time playing soccer with my friends. Have you made any strong friendships through participating in your favorite activities?

4 comments:

  1. Most of my closest friends now I met through sports. Sports are a good way to make friends. I feel like getting kids involved in sports at a young age is a great way to get them to be more social.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Conner, that's a really good point. It keeps young people involved, healthy and out of trouble! It's a great stress reliever.

      Delete
  2. Yes actually! I got to say my bestest friends are in dance. They're like they sisters I've never had! I feel like everyone should get into sports or anything that has to do with teamwork at a young age because it helps them become more social and they can develop the strongest friendships because they've known each other "forever"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good point Christene. I have found that a lot of people make friends through sports and highly suggest that everyone be involved in some sort of team activity.

      Delete