Pages

Monday, November 27, 2017

Importance of Skin Preparation


Beauty Routine: Importance of Skin Preparation

Why would skincare involve makeup? Beauty starts with smooth, healthy, glowing skin. Many people tend to forget about skin care beforehand and place makeup on directly, resulting in damaged, clogged pores. Preparing your skin before the application of  makeup will ensure you flawless results, as well as increase the longevity of your makeup. Based on the individual products may vary whether you have normal, combination, sensitive, dry, or oily skin type. Include a cleanser, exfoliator, toner, moisturizer, as well as SPF to your daily routine as it creates a barrier between your skin and the harmful UV rays given off from the sun.

Personally, through all four seasons I have very dry skin. Without properly hydrating beforehand, my foundation looks like the Sahara desert. My skin will often flake, and when your base is not cute, you're not cute. Especially in person. But neither is looking like an oil spill appealing. People tend to always complain that, "oh I don't have time". But sad truth is that, we can't all be blessed with normal skin, and have to work for it in the long term

Analyzing your skin will help you recognize your own particular routine that is beneficial for you. So you can go slay all day. But here is some information for educational purposes. Normal skin is ideal as it is neither too dry nor too oily. People with combination skin tend to have an oily t-zone, while having the cruel experience of dry cheeks, or spot dehydration at the same time. Us dry skin people can be flaky, and tend to have a dull complexion. Oily skin is shiny throughout your entire face as it is caused by overactive oil-producing glands. But on the positive note, you'll have beautiful youthful skin longer than me. I'm also very sensitive, and sensitive skin is more complex because it ranges from dry to oily skin, and is easily irritated by many cosmetics  and skincare products.

According to Bobbi Brown, an internationally renowned makeup artist, and CCO of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, “The skin’s condition can be quickly impacted by changes in the environment, health, diet, and even products chosen in which irritate the skin” (Brown 33).

Cleansing, and toning will tighten pores, and remove excess oil, promoting longevity of the products. Exfoliators will improve skin texture by removing dead skin cells, as well as decreasing the appearance of hyperpigmentation on skin’s surface.

But, hydration is the most significant step of skin preparation as our skin’s tone and flexibility relies on the water content of our tissues drawn from the humidity of the air, as well as moisture added onto the skin’s surface. Adding moisture will help maintain luminosity, and firmness. It's truly the secret to having youthful skin. Products entitled as a moisturizer will plump your skin. Enhance the look, feel, and overall health of your skin. No one likes wrinkles, and big pores am I right? Hence, the right moisturizer will help your makeup application to go on smoothly, and properly adhere to your precious skin.

I tend to go towards products in which don't tighten my skin and tend to be quite hydrating, so it may not appeal to oilier skin. But please, no matter what skin type you have, avoid alcohol. It'll only irritate, and dry out your face significantly causing your pores to create even more oil.

While I could continue to rant about the different types of skin, and the significance of preparing your face before applying makeup, there are 6 tips in which are beneficial, and adhere to all skin types. Use a broad spectrum sunscreen that blocks UV rays, and avoid long periods of direct sunlight. Too much sunlight can cause aging process to quicken. Stay hydrated by drinking water, as well as moisturize. Not only will it help the condition of your skin, but bodily functions as well. Obtain a moisturizer that works for you. For oilier skin types, I recommend using gel bases rather than creams. Do not ever smoke, nor try any form of narcotics. Most importantly, wash your skin gently everyday, and never wear any form of makeup to bed. Will you incorporate skin care to your lifestyle?

12 comments:

  1. Hello my name is Kyle Duppenthaler and I find your blog post about "Importance of skin preparation" to be very helpful and motevating towards gaining healthier skin aspects. My blog post was about keeping a healthy body and this is definently a major factor in keeping a fully healthy body. When you stated "Include a cleanser, exfoliator, toner, moisturizer, as well as SPF to your daily routine as it creates a barrier between your skin and the harmful UV rays." That developed me to understand that there is ways around having unhealthy skin just like there is ways around having an unhealthy body. Therefore since I have acne and a oily face, I will follow your advice and find the right materials like you stated to keep healthy skin. You also stated "use SPF that blocks UV rays, and avoid long periods of direct sunlight. Stay hydrated by drinking water, as well as moisturize. Do not ever smoke, nor try any form of narcotics. Most importantly, wash your skin gently everyday." These 5 facts motivated me to research and find facial ingredients that will keep my skin healthier. Yesterday my step mom and I went to this store called "Kiehl's" and this nutritionist women who worked there advised me on this toner, face wash and moisturizer. In the end, your post developed me to gain extra knowledge about keeping my body healthy and i am starting to put the facial ones in play now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kyle Duppenthaler! I truly appreciate your admiration towards my blog. I strongly believe that a healthy lifestyle would correlate towards skin care. Indeed, it's a major aspect both mentally, and physically as it affects an individual's own well-being, and self-esteem. I'm very excited to hear that my post has positively affected your new profound lifestyle. I applaud that. Facial ingredients play a huge role towards the health of one's skin. It's astonishing how you've incorporated these given tips, as one wrong move can have a negative impact towards an individual's skin. At this adolescent age, our hormones tend to produce more oil, causing acne. Currently, how do you believe these products improve your skin's condition? It's important to begin skin care at an early age, yet keep in mind to avoid using highly active ingredients daily as it might ruin your skin barrier, which serves as a protective shield from harmful substances from outside sources. You're doing an amazing job towards a healthier lifestyle! Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Hi Aliya! I recently did a similar post about skincare from the same book and found the steps very beneficial to the health of my skin. My skin has been improving however I am only doing three of the many steps you mentioned by using products that have more than one use. For example, my cleanser has exfoliating beads and my moisturizer has SPF in it so I find that I don't have to do these steps more than once. In your opinion, would you say that this is more harmful than I think it is or do you think that this is a good alternative to breaking the bank on more products than I need to? Your post is very intriguing and I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsey! What a coincidence! I'm very fond of your appreciation, thank you! I believe that routine is convenient and cost efficient, yet possible could have a negative impact towards your skin. It's recommended by dermatologists to only exfoliate twice a week as it may damage your skin barrier. With a cleanser in which removes dirt and oils, while removing dead cells seems refreshing, it will only cause your skin to produce more oil, be more sensitive, and possibly frequent breakouts. Avoid powerful active ingredients, and overall, you'd do great. Thank you for your question Kelsey!

      Delete
  3. Yes. I take care of my skin. I try to start with diet. I think what you eat matters when it comes to your skin. Then, hydration is super important. After that, I don't really wear make-up, but I do have a skin regime that I follow daily to keep my skin supple and to avoid wrinkles, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms. Robison. Exercise, and a healthy lifestyle a significant part of maintaining youthful, luminous skin. Especially towards hydration.

      Delete
  4. Hi Aliya! I totally loved your post and all the helpful tips you provided! I am writing about self-confidence and I learned that when you feel good on the outside it radiates throughout your whole body. Which can relate to that idea of personal health that can effect your skin. Personally, I have always had oily skin which leads to breakouts because of clogged pores. Recently, I have been using charcoal based products that claim to mattify skin and help unclog pores. Do you think that I should begin a strict skincare regimen or should I just treat it as problems appear? Thanks, I am so excited to see what you post next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lizzie! Thank you very much! Rather than having a complex skin care routine, maintain your skin with the basics such as cleanser, a toner, moisturizer, and treat problems as they appear. Your skin is still youthful, and hormonal imbalance plays a huge role in the physical appearance of you skin. Having many active ingredients can irritate your skin so don't apply unnecessary products!

      Delete
  5. Hi Aliya, this is Cindy. I totally agree on the fact that it's really important to take care of our skin with sun block and hydration. I have a simple routine that I follow, just cleanser and moisturizer for my face, and some lip balm. This is far from what you talked about but I think teens should just stick with simple skin care products and not use too much product to the point that it is going to irritate our skin. I have normal skin and my t-zone is really oily, therefore causing acne. I think your advice really will help me because drinking water is really important for hydration and bodily functions. I am lazy and don't like water but I will definitely improve on that, also with using sunscreen to protect my skin from UV rays. I find your blog very education and informs me the depth and importance of skin care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy! I also believe that teens should stick with simple skin care products. yet with makeup, the ingredients are mostly oil based. Leading to irritated skin and clogged pores. Based upon your description, you may have combination skin. Continue to drink water, as well as incorporate food with large amounts of nutrients to better not only your skin but bodily functions as well.

      Delete
  6. Hi Aliya! I really liked this blog post because it truly had helpful tips that I could use. I agree that skincare is very important because makeup (foundation especially) applies and looks best on smooth, glowing skin. I have combination skin, so I know what it's like to deal with dry skin as well as oily. And I did not know that it is better to used gel-based moisturizer on oily skin, which I will definitely incorporate into my skin routine. Thank you! And do you have one specific face wash you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amelie! Thank you, I'm glad you've learned something new through my blog. I tend to test a lot of products, but specifically at the momment face wash I use at the Mario Badescu enzyme cleansing gel, as well as their cleansing lotion. The ingredients are gentle, yet work effectively.

      Delete