Pages

Thursday, November 30, 2017

How To be Totally Miserable: A Self-Hinder Book

         
             John Bytheway puts it simply when he says this, "We all have problems, but we also have choices. We can choose to be happy, or we can choose to be miserable." (1). I believe free agency is the most amazing gift that we have here on earth. We can choose to do anything we want, any good or bad and accept the consequences of those actions. Life is one large choice. And it always has been. 


         For the next quarter, I'm going to be learning "great lessons to be learned about feeling rotten..." (Bytheway 1). However, on the way, I might just find myself going in the other direction. 
  
         I like to think of myself as a primarily happy person, I enjoy the little things in life and I try to stay this way through everything. The key word in that is *try*. However, I am going to again *try* to make my most-of-the-time (sometimes) happiness an: all of the time happiness in the purest form. 

        John Bytheway gives some interesting advise when he says, "In order to be miserable, you're going to have to spend a lot of time thinking about your problems...The happiest people think their thoughts according to a plan, and in order to be miserable, you've got to have a plan too-plan to ignore all of your wonderful opportunities and ponder only your problems." (7) Recently, I was given the opportunity to go to my absolute favorite place on planet earth: Disneyland. (What's your favorite place to go?) I think for everyone, we have different things in our lives stressing us out and we all need some time to just forget about all of those things weighing down your shoulders. And, for everyone, there is a different place that we all have weather it be a specific spot in our own house or a place in the middle of Ireland. Where ever that place may be, try to make time for yourself and go there every once in a while just to take a deep breathe and get away from the stress of the world around you. 

       Anyway, I went to Disneyland about a week ago and it was exactly what I needed to follow Bytheway's request. Finding pure happiness is in no way easy, and I am definitely still at the beginning of the race. 
         
                     "Whenever he thought about it, he felt terrible. And so, at last, he came to a fateful decision. He decided not to think about it" 
                                     - John-Roger and Peter McWilliams 
                            (( What do you do to make you the most happy?))
-Julyn Robinson


2 comments:

  1. One thing that makes me sincerely happy is simply the practice of living fully in the moment. This helps me to be happier in all kinds of ways: at work, with my kids, when I am doing sports, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is definitely an easy way all people should learn and put into becoming happy. Thank you for your input!

      Delete