Pages

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Tips and Tools That You Will Need for Baking


Tips and Tools That You Will Need for Baking



To many people baking seems like an easy task, but in reality, baking is all about math, measurements, and preciseness. When I started baking in 6th grade I had no idea to use certain equipment’s for baking. This is a very common mistake that people make when baking. By doing this, your finished product will certainly not taste right or will not look like what it should look like. Today I am here to inform you about tips and the purpose and the importance of tools in baking.


In the picture on the left; spatulas, whisks, scoops, sift, baking paper and cupcake liners are included. These are some of the basic tools that you will need for baking. They are designed for the baking process and each have their own use. First of all, whisks help to blend the batter and incorporate air into the mixture, as air is an important factor for baking. The rounded wires helps to smooth out the batter and the hollow in between allows air to be mixed with the batter. A spatula is also a handy tool when it comes to baking. It helps us fold in ingredients without easily breaking the air bubbles that was created during the whisking process. The silicon texture grabs anything from the bottom of the bowl and help incorporate the ingredients evenly. Next the scoop was for scooping/measuring out a good proportion and serving size of the batter or dough. Lastly a sift, it’s main goal is to strain your dry ingredients or liquid that may have large chunks in it. As the authors said “you should have a fine strainer for baking and straining stocks and sauces,” (Paul, Eric 14). This will improve the quality of your finished product.





Text Box: TIPS: Fold your parchment paper in fourths and place on ¼ of the pan. According to the picture, cut outline of the outer circle and you will have the perfect shape to line your baking pan.

                 The most important part of baking is measuring out your ingredients precisely. By having a set of measuring spoons and a measuring cup can help you in lots of ways. By doing this, you will increase the quality of your finished product. To measure correctly, you use the spoon size according to the recipe and fill it to the top. To be precise, you can take a knife and level off the top
                                    Text Box: I learned from the book the importance of equipment’s in the process of baking and how they work together in order produce the best outcome of your masterpiece. How does the understanding of the importance equipment affects the outcome of your product?

                              











6 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy! My name is Aliya. I want to expand my skills in baking to make yummy treats for my friends. I attempted to make french macarons which are more difficult to make as it is so delicate. Although I had all the ingredients, I lacked one material which had been a sift. To substitute the job, I heard you could use a whisk to smooth the almond flour and powdered sugar which are ingredients used in the recipe. My macarons turned out to have a bumpy surface, and totally effected the texture and appearance. I still haven't tried to make them again because of time, and no sift. I want to try again soon.. But, do you think I should invest in a sift or could I simply put my dry ingredients in a food processor? Do you think they will deliver the same result?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aliya, thank you for viewing my post. I heard that macaroons are really hard to make. I have watch videos on macaroons and sifting almond flour and powered sugar are really important factors of making a successful macaroon. I do think you should invest in a sift and not use a food processor b/c they still may not blend every part.

      Delete
  2. Hello Cindy! I regularly bake things like cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. I usually look up a recipe online and make the dessert based off that. But, on disadvantage to online recipes is that they don't explain what to do if one were to have just started backing. For this reason, I have been using the spatula without knowing it's true purpose. You said that it was so the air bubbles wouldn't break, and I didn't know this. From now on, I will try to gently fold the batter, like you said a spatula should do. I hope this makes my cupcakes and cakes a lot fluffier! Have you ever used any ingredients wrong, only to realize years later that you did?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Serrut, Thank you for viewing and commenting on my post. I am really happy that my post had helped you learned something new and gain knowledge on what you already knew. When I first started baking, I thought that the more baking power I add in my cake, the more fluffier it gets, turns out, I learned that about a year later when I knew more about baking, that you are supposed to only add a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cindy! My name is Michelle. I wanted to see what type of items I could use while baking and your post makes everything better. I guess now I know what I can use to make my cakes and other desserts. Thank you for posting something important!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle, I am really happy that my post had helped you out. Thank you for commenting.

    ReplyDelete