Pages

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Kids Confetti Cake

                                      Kids Confetti Cake

Everyone may believe that baking or cooking in the kitchen may be had. In reality it's actually very simple unless you are doing something very complicated. I only complicate myself if there is a celebration. Parties are the time to show your baking skills. Here's a great recipe for a day when you and/or your siblings can do to show your skills to the family. 
The recipe is: 
Cake
- 1 package of yellow cake mix
- 1 package (4-serving) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- 1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips

Topping
- 1 cup of colored miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup chocolate frosting
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet mini chocolate chips

Once you have everything ready you preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. It takes only a few minutes to make the cake mix. To make it you have to combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, and the oil. You have to beat it at medium speed.



The difference between mixing and beating is a great one. Mixing means that you add a few ingredients at the time and combining them lightly. Beating is more intense, it requires a whisk or an electric mixer. Beating is used for cakes and toppings, while mixing it to make everything smooth.

After you beat it for 2 minutes you stir in a cup of chocolate chips. You grease and flour a baking pan. It can be any one that you choose as long as the cake will look good,  You pour it into the cake pan. You put it to bake for 40-45 minutes or until the toothpick that is inserted comes out clean.



Now for the topping, you immediately arrange marshmallows evenly over hot the cake. You place the frosting in a microwaveable bowl for 25-30 seconds, maybe even less. You stir it until it's smooth. You drizzle it evenly over the marshmallows and the cake.

Now in the book it says, "Use a spoon or fork to drizzle melted chocolate over cookies, bars, cakes and breads" (6). This means that you slowly put the chocolate on the cake and marshmallows, which is what I did and it worked out greatly. It also says that you can put the chocolate in a Ziploc bag and cut off a corner to squeeze out the chocolate in a pattern if you want to (6).

Now this is how the cake turned out. It looks great and tastes great. I hope you all try it out!


Which way do you guys believe would be better to drizzle the chocolate: with a fork/spoon or a plastic baggie?

Ross, Peter Dean, illustrator. Favorite Brand Name Bake Sale Cookbook. Louis
     Weber, 1997.




7 comments:

  1. Yum, yum, extra yum. I think the tool for drizzling depends on your end goal. A fork or spoon will create a more "messy" look, while I have found I can be more precise with a baggie. I would think the tool would just depend on what look you were hoping to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with what you say. Thank you for giving me your opinion, and I have also noticed that the spoon/fork gave the food a messy look.

      Delete
  2. Hi Michelle! My name is Cindy. I am into baking just like you too. I love how descriptive your blog is. It will be really helpful for someone who is a beginner at baking and this post is very easy to understand. I personally think it would be better to use a piping bag to drizzle chocolate because I tend to prefer cleaner and neater looking outcome. Using a fork to drizzle on chocolate may result in a clump of chocolate in one spot and a thin stripe somewhere else. If you want a messy looking drizzle, I believe you can still do that with a piping bag, as long as you control how you drizzle it. When using a bag, everything is very neat and looks professional. Also make sure to check out my blog about tips and tools that will need for baking.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for giving me the idea of using a baggie for the next time I bake. I would also love to look through your blog and see some tips and tools I can use. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Hey Michelle, I would use a spoon for drizzling because it's a lot less work and takes less time to accomplish the same look, plus you can always lick the spoon after! The mini marshmallows add a really nice touch to the dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sienna! I love your way of thinking for decorating the cake. The spoon/fork makes the cake have more of a messy look. If you want it to look a little more professional then I would recommend the baggie.

      Delete
  4. I am really into baking, and this looks like something I'd love to try soon. I liked the extra use of marshmallows and chocolate instead of just using frosting and being basic lol. Great recipe btw

    ReplyDelete