Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

7 Years of Bad Luck?

I hope I don't get 7 years of bad luck because I broke a mirror to do this photoshoot. Oh well, I'll sacrifice for good images. I was given the idea to use a mirror from John Hedgecoe, the author of "The Photographer's Handbook," after he explained it as mirrors being able to "divide picture elements into two distant zones - objects and their reflection" (Hedgecoe 131).

The inspiration for the broken mirror and the woods from one of my favorite photos I've found on tumblr. Here's that photo:


Sadly, my photos didn't turn out as cool as that one, but it's the thought that counts..? I'm determined to get a picture like the tumblr one, so I'll keep trying with the pieces of mirror. While taking the pictures, I kept in mind to change my angle of view (Hedgecoe 131).These are the photos I took on my shoot:



Have you ever used mirrors in your photography?

Citation:
Hedgecoe, John. The Photographers Handbook: A Complete Reference Manual of Techniques, Procedures, Equipment and Style. New York: Knopf, 1977. Print.

0 comments:

Post a Comment