Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Crystal Vase Cleaner

I've always been interested in the sciences, especially the scientific process of the experiment that had to occur to create the results.
My family has a few crystal vases that are in need for a cleaning. In my independent book, Salt, Lemons, Vinegar, and Baking Soda, there is a recipe for a crystal vase cleaner, so I thought I would give it a try. The ingredients are:

1 cup Vinegar
2 to 3 drops Dish Soap
In the directions in the book say that "crystal is extremely vulnerable to hot water and it can easily crack" (Zukowski 120), so you can't put them in the dish washer either. The instructions on how to wash the vase with the vinegar and dish soap is to fill the vase with vinegar and add a few drops of dish soap (Zukowski 120).
After mixing the ingredients together, I needed to wait an hour for the solution to sit. After the hour was up I poured out the solution from the vase and rinsed the vase out with water. This recipe in the book seemed to work quite well overall.

What types of homemade cleaners do your family use for easily broken items?

Zukowski, Shea. Salt, Lemons, Vinegar, and Baking Soda: Hundreds of Earth-friendly Houshold Projects, Solutions, and Formulas. New York: Metro, 2009. Print.

0 comments:

Post a Comment