Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

On the Spot Lambada

"There is a good deal of side to the movement when dancing the lambada in the same way as salsa and Merengue."(96)

This dance style actually requires some sort of natural rhythm that needs to be incorporated into the dance. Although the lambada is a dance of movement and rhythm, the basic steps are simple. Since I am guessing you are a beginner, I'm guessing you're going to need to practice this more. (94)

1.)" On the first beat the dancers transfer heir weight to their right side with hip moving out.



2.) In the second beat of the bar; the weight comes back and the hips go across.



3.) Not that in this basic sequence the dancers stay on the same spot throughout.




4.) On the third beat in the bar the dancers should be dancing slow. They lift their knees and the
transfer of weight is done for more deliberately.



5.) The basic routine is then repeated the other way around. This time the transfer is to the right."
(95)



So there you have it, a quick tutorial on how to do spot on Lambada. Have you ever tried to dance the Lambada before, or any Latin American dance? If so, please tell me your experience, and which kind?

1 comments:

  1. I can't dance at all especially Latin American dancing, so this helped me a lot because it was very detailed and if I'm going to be honest Amran, I think you're a great dancer. I love your natural rhythm and I really respect the passion you have for dancing. This was a great post by the way.

    ReplyDelete