Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Celebrities as Ideal Trendsetters

"Because of their lifestyles and high visibility in today's entertainment culture, celebrities of film, music, sports, and society celebrities, have become ideal trendsetters in the realms of fashion and style" (Martin 160). Isn't that true? While reading this page, I thought that was pretty accurate because when I looked around myself, I noticed that people had icons that they worshiped. Those icons were celebrities that dressed a certain way or even looked a little different from others, which influenced people to follow them and their style. It could be hair, clothes, makeup, food they like to eat, etc. Truth is, media grants these celebrities we worship wide coverage and make them part of their advertising campaigns (161).

For example, The Jenners have fashion we all love to follow, and they even have their own line at Pacsun. It leads us buyers to look at Pacsun for their fashion.


QOTD: have any celebrities style drawn you in?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Smirit, first off great blog!! To answer your question I think that Emma Stone's style is my favorite. When ever I watch the award shows, I always hate it when girls where the v neck dresses but the v goes way to low. I find that Emma Stone, and a few others, are always really classy and elegant. I think the more simplistic and elegant a celebrities style they get more appeal as a celebrity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mel! I totally agree, as a celebrity you shouldn't be dressed as someone like Lady Gaga, but like you mentioned, someone like Emma Stone because she's really classy and feminine. :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I really try to ignore celebrities - I feel like it inhibits true style just to take someone else's idea of what is cool. I do what I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Mrs.Robison! Some celebrities just dress whack and lead others to dressing like them which I dislike seeing.

      Delete
  3. I have to agree that celebrities do make a big impact on peoples life with inspiration. But then again I wear basketball shorts and sweatshirts almost every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's just you being comfortable which I do too! :)

      Delete