Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Arms

When people first start weightlifting, they tend to work out their arms the most. That's because it's the least covered part of the body, Bret mentions that "...usually the arms are right out in the open plain view for everyone to see." Bret suggests that you should do both tricep and bicep exercises equally, and suggests exercises that would really help increase the muscle mass on both of these. Skull crushers (yes it sounds very dangerous, but it isn't, I promise). This stretches the tricep and allows room for it to grow.
A bicep exercise he recommends are bicep curls, with a 3 second pause at the bottom and 3 second pause at the top. This will tear muscle fibers in your biceps and the three second pauses gives you enough rest to be able to a couple more reps than you normally would without any pause.

I did this bicep and tricep workout to the best of my ability (bad shoulder) and they already look fuller and much bigger. What are some arm exercises you would recommend, and have you seen good results doing them?

2 comments:

  1. I found this blog very interesting. Recently I've considered gaining some muscle mass in my arms, and this sounds like the perfect way! I will definitely be trying these workouts out the next time I hit the gym. Some exercises I like include push ups and one handed push ups. You could also try these when you're trying to bulk up! Talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eliza! I will definitely try out the one handed push ups. How do you do them? Any tips?

      Delete