Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Sweet and Sour Pork

For my last dish I decided I would try a meal I had never tried before. Sweet and Sour Pork. The recipe sounded good, and I had heard a lot of good things about it, so I wanted to try it. The first step was to bread the chicken. To do this the first thing to do is to prepare the batter by stirring egg, cornstarch, and flour in a bowl. Then add the pork and coat the pork with the batter and let sit for about 10 minutes.
 While the pork is sitting, you can prepare the sauce. This sauce is made of water, ketchup, pineapple juice, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and sugar. It's a lot of unique ingredients to make a very unique taste.
Once the pork has sat, you deep fry the pork in batches to crisp up the breading. Once all the pork is deep fried, add the breaded chicken, sliced pineapple, and the sauce into the wok and cook for about 2-3 so the pineapple can become tender.
What's a dish that you have always wanted to try?


Citation:
Kuan, Diana. The Chinese Takeout Cookbook. 2012.

0 comments:

Post a Comment