Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Maradona

This moves is one that I have almost mastered. It consists of many different motions combining to make a final product that is guaranteed to get you by the defender. My attempts of this move are often during practice and training. I have never attempted it during the game, as I usually have not enough time to think about it. I was hoping by practicing the Maradona, like it says in my book, I would master it enough to not have to think about the move before executing it. The book states "deception is a vital ingredient in top-class soccer" (Bridle 92). This move is classified as one of the most popular deceptive moves in the game.






The Maradona fake can easily get the defender mixed up in step and dive in wrong directions allowing you to get by. Bridle says that few players include this move in their commonly used skills because it is hard to master and properly perform during the match (92). With the many directions in this move Bridle says "the hardest part to master is the turn on top of the ball while switching feet" (92). Since I know this move I already know how to perform it, but I wanted to get a second set of directions to try an help perfect this for game play.




After a lot of practice with Bridle's instructions, I finally started to do this move at the pace needed to perfect during a game. I had a tournament this last weekend and during one of the games I attempted the Maradona and succeeded to beat my player. I found out that getting a different view on things actually helps you learn to properly do them. Have you tried taking a different direction on something you haven't perfected yet?

0 comments:

Post a Comment