Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Pursue a Passion

"What do you think about when you're sitting on the toilet?" pg223. I know that sounds funny, but its true. It doesn't even have to be the toilet, it can be while your in the shower, it can be while you are on a long car ride, or even while your doing chores. Not everyone shares a particular passion, for me its volleyball. But for others it might be reading, taking pictures, scrap booking, shopping, etc. What ever it might be but something you never have to be "omg this again". Setting goals can help you get clarity on your end vision. If you don't set goals then you have nothing to look forward to. Setting goals gives you accountability and motivation to get things done, or get you where you want to be.

For me its always going to be to have good grades and always keep getting better at volleyball. Those might seem like easy goals but they can be hard to achieve. Something that can help me achieve those goals is to actually study. And not just say I am going to do better but actually go for it. Anybody can say they are going to do better, but not everyone is motivated enough to take action. For volleyball if I want to get better I have to put in the extra work. By not just going to practice but going to the gym on my own time. To work on the things I need to get better at. For example get a higher vertical. Those things just don't natural to some people. And if I don't step my game up there will always be someone who is working harder than me and there might be a chance that they take my spot. But for now I was able to make a better volleyball team, and everything is going very well for me. 


That is why pursuing a passion is important!
What drives you to completing your goals?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment