Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Follow up

Hey.... It's been a while since I've done one of these. I haven't done much since my last post, but I've been busy with a lot of stuff. So, I'll make a quick follow up post. I've had quite a lot of fun with my little book and robot, but this is only the beginning. As I look forward in life, I'm looking at colleges/universities that have computer science, robotics, and/or mechanics for cars and stuff. I've gotten emails from a lot of colleges ever since PSAT scores went out and I've been looking at some of their degree choices. Blah blah blah, real life stuff. But it's important to look towards the future. Not all of us will get straight As or get into UW; look towards the future and be grateful for the things in life. Always look for the good in the bad. Even in times when I've given up hope (aka, the first half of the NFC championship game) I always looked forward, saying, "Whoever wins the AFC championship game will kick the crap out of the Packers."

No pictures except for this random one. I'm studying for finals.

Anyway, onto robotics. Look, without a doubt, if you want to start off in robotics, get yourself one of these kits. They're pretty expensive, but they have a lot inside from pieces to actual hardware. Get the book, too. The book "Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0 For Teens" by Jerry Lee Ford Jr. is also a nice pick up while you try and find builds to do. It'll teach you everything from the basic pieces to building a freaking car! (Super paraphrased quote, Ford) But seriously, if you're at all interested in robotics, get yourself one of these kits and get robotificating!

What are your thoughts on robotics? If you've ever been to the Kent Tech Expo, what kind of robot would you want to see?


Citation: Ford, Jerry Lee. Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0 for Teens. Boston, MA: Course Technology PTR, 2011. Print.

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget your discussion question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were to go to the Kent tech expo I would like to see robots that have to fight. Who doesn't love battle bots? Also I believe that the most interesting and creative ideas and solutions appear when people have to work around problems to counter someone else's idea.

    ReplyDelete