Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Receiving With The Proper Foot

Hi, my name is Dylan Leeman; welcome back to my blog on Soccer IQ. Today I am going to explain the 5th of 5 clinical skills that are important to learn. The other clinical skills are: the toe poke, passing to the proper foot, lifting the tight angle pass, and the ball in behind. If you didn't get a chance to read my last blog on passing to the proper pass, you should go check it out. Today I will be talking about "Receiving With The Proper Foot".

"When deciding which foot to receive the the ball with you must ask yourself these questions:
Which foot will help me escape pressure?
Which foot will help me advance the ball?
Which foot will set up my next pass?
And by all means, don'st take that first touch into pressed" (Blank 13). Also when receiving the ball you need to expect pressure and be ready to body them off. (Blank 13) Sometimes you won't be able to take two touches, but there is no rule that says you have to control every ball you are played. (Blank 13) Playing with one touch will also make the game flow quicker and give you chance to catch your opponent off guard.

Why do you think more players don't take the time to receive the ball with the proper foot?


1 comments:

  1. I've never played soccer before and I'm slightly confused trying to read your post. What does it mean to take the ball with one or two touches? Does it mean how many times you touch the ball with your foot?

    ReplyDelete