Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Chocolate Pots de Creme Recipe

I love chocolate. That is my sole purpose for making this recipe. It looks and sounds delicious, and also simple. It's also an excuse to eat a bunch of chocolate out of a bowl.

Ingredients:
  • "1 1/3 cups heavy (double) cream
  • 1 1/3 cups whole milk
  • 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
  • 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder or instant coffee powder
  • 6 large egg yolks
  • 1/4 cup sugar"
(Dodge 97).

This recipe called for a double boiler to melt the chocolate, which we didn't have. (Dodge 97). We improvised and used two normal saucepans. The most valuable thing I learned from reading and creating this recipe was the concept of using similar objects to simulate the same effect. During my other recipes I was always concerned with following the recipe exactly, but with this recipe I used improvisation and it still turned out delicious! 
Citation: Dodge, Abigail Johnson. Dessert. New York: Simon & Schuster, 2002. Print.
Question: Do you like chocolate? Have you ever improvised on a recipe and it still turned out great? If not, was it because of your improvisation?

0 comments:

Post a Comment