Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Tea Time

            From the book Crazy About Cookies by Krystina Castella, there is a recipe called Masala Chai Tea Cookies. Out of all the recipes and cookies this recipe was the weirdest. I love tea personally, all types. I especially like Chai and Early Grey Tea.

Recipe:
" 1 1/2 cup flour
  1/4 teaspoon salt
   2 Tbs. Finely ground chai tea.
  1 Cup butter
  1/2 cup powdered sugar
  1 egg
  1 Tbs. Lemon zest " (Castella 118)

The recipe surprised me because I thought it was going to be a mixture of spices to resemble chai but actually it was the tea grounded. I figured it make the cookie spotty. I pulverized the tea using a marble grinder.

The cookies were rolled cutout cookies, the cookies are made with stiffer dough than drop cookies, this type of dough allows us to cut shapes in it similar to gingerbread man. (Castella 29)

After mixing the tea in I was sort of repulsed. It made the cookie a greenish tint with black specs in it and it didn't look appetizing at all. The smell is what kept me going, it smelled so delicious. So after the Chai I made Earl Grey cookies, only thing different is it's earl grey tea with orange zest in it.
the look of the cookie does not give it justice.





My question for you is:
Do you like tea? Would you eat something that didn't look great but smelled amazing?
Let me know!

Citation:
Castella, Krystina. Crazy about Cookies: 300 Scrumptious Recipes for Every Occasion & Craving. New York: Sterling, 2010. Print.

1 comments:

  1. Nice post! I would try something that didn't look good, but smelled amazing. I would just close my eyes probably. And I like tea, my favorite is called Mint Medley, it tastes great with milk and honey! I also like Chai tea.

    ReplyDelete