Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Smoothies

This recipe is probably one of the easiest recipes that I have ever done. I made an orange smoothie out of Ree Drummond's book A Pioneer Women Cooks: A Year of Holidays. Smoothies can be a great snack or a quick breakfast in the morning.

The recipe was:
2 cups Greek yogurt
2 cups frozen mango chunks
2 cups frozen peach slices
1 cup pineapple chunks
1 cup miniature carrots
1 banana, peeled
1/4 cup honey
1 cup orange juice

A smoothie is a great drink because you "put all the ingredients in the blender" (Drummond 3). With this recipe I halved it because it made a lot of smoothie and I knew the people eating the smoothie wouldn't be able to drink all of it. The smoothie took a while to blend because of all the ingredients you put in, but you wanted to wait until everything was smooth (Drummond 3). A trick that I learned was if you wanted a thick smoothie follow the recipe exactly as written. But if you like a thinner smoothie you could add about a 1/4 of a cup more of orange juice to the recipe. (Drummond 3)

Everyone liked the smoothie. I thought the smoothie was good and I liked how the carrots added some flavor and texture to the smoothie. Also, I thought it was different that you didn't have to add ice to the smoothie since the mango and peaches were already frozen. I would definitely make it again for my family and friends!


Question: What is your favorite smoothie? Have you made smoothies before?
Citation: Drummond, Ree. A Year of Holidays. William Morrow Cook, 2013. Print.

6 comments:

  1. My favorite smoothie is one with raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries. I've made it once but I prefer the one from Jamba Juice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love raspberries in my smoothies also. Jamba Juice does make good smoothies but homemade ones can be just as good. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. This looks and sounds really good! I think my favorite smoothie is a just a simple strawberry and banana smoothie. It's a classic and so simple to make. And I make smoothies here and there but I use to drink them like everyday in 8th grade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strawberry and banana is also one of my favorites! I like the simple smoothies myself compared the more complicated ones.

      Delete
  3. This smoothie looks incredibly delicious!
    My favorite smoothie is simply just the Strawberry-Banana smoothie, it is pretty self-explanatory beverage, and it is quite easy to make. I have made a smoothie, but only once--it was at my cousin's house. Probably in the future, I will start making smoothies more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for complementing! You should make smoothies more because they are quick and easy to do!

      Delete