Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Puppy Eyes

Everyone has herd of the term 'Puppy dog eyes' before when someone is either begging or trying to get something their way. But this is also what dogs use to let their owner know what they want. John Grogan describes his dogs eyes as "entrances to the soul." (96) and "I could feel what Marley wanted from me." (127). Down below is a picture of a dog string into the camera begging for what he wants. but don't stare too long, this is a staring contest you are going to lose. 

My dog was thought at a young age not to beg for what she wants. She sits in her own spot by the dinner table and waits until a little bit of human meat is tossed onto her rug. We make sure that Cassie is well fed at all times so she doesn't have to beg for anything; this doesn't mean she doesn't beg at all. I was able to catch my dog asking for a treat because she thought she had disserved it. 

Do you know anyone in your life that uses their eyes to get what they want? Or uses any strategies to get their way?

Citation: Grogan, John. Marley and Me. New York: HarperCollins, 2005. Print.




4 comments:

  1. Your dogs eyes are very cute! and to Answer your question yes I do know someone in my life who uses their eyes to get what they want and that I can say is my Sister as we used to be under she always used her eyes and whining to get the things she wanted in life and still at times she does it. And my little nephew uses his " I'm sorry" to get his cousins , mom or anyone to love him 1000 times more and get the things he loves which I can say he is a spoiled child. But Your dog is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Michelle, my cousins all use their eyes when they whine to get my grandma to give them whatever they want. I know this personally that I've used my eyes to get what I want since I'm the youngest of my family I tend to do that and I don't even know.

      Delete
  2. Sam, this is a great blog! Whenever I am over at my friend's house her little sister always uses puppy dog eyes to get what she wants! Me and Jodi always talk about how we wish still worked with us. Parents say we are too old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Abby! That's so funny how puppy eyes only work on younger children. I know that I can still use it because I'm the youngest between me and my sister.

      Delete