Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Origami Dragonfly

Today I decided to create an origami dragonfly. The steps for this design was pretty simple, but was still fun to create. It was a unique design with many folds I have never tried before. the origami dragonfly began with the basic bird base, which was the same starting base for a paper crane.


After that, there were many steps that required you to fold the corners into small pockets in order to create a different shape for the wings (Kasahara 32). One of the steps stated "Roll up [the triangle] to create its head" (Kasahara 32). These folds were unique to me and it has allowed me to learn some techniques that may be helpful when I create other origami designs. The origami dragonfly was different from other creations I have made before because of how it has depth in its folds. Overall, this origami design was very fun to make and has taught me new folds that will be useful in the future.


Question: Have you learned new folds through making origami? Which one and from which origami design?

Kasahara, Kunihiko. Extreme Origami. New York: Sterling Pub., 2002. Print.

0 comments:

Post a Comment