Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Pastel Cupcakes

Today, I will be making pastel cupcakes. If you’re in a rush and need something fast and sweet to devour then these cupcakes are perfect. The ingredients you will be needing are:

·        6 cupcakes Paper liners
·        Regular Cupcakes baking pan: 2 1/2 x 1 1/4 inches
·        ½ cup on whole milk
·        Piping bag and tips
·        3 cans of 16 oz. Container of vanilla Frosting
·        A whisk
·        An Oven
·        11.5 oz. of Cake Mix
·        1 egg
·        Red, blue, green, and yellow food coloring
·        1/3 cup of Vegetable oil

      
First, I made the batter and placed it in the oven. After making the cupcakes, I divided the frosting into 4 small microwaveable bowls. Karen Tack, author of Hello, Cupcakes, said to buy store-bought frosting to produce a firm, shiny, glistening, and smooth cupcake (Tack 138). I tinted each bowl a different pastel color with food coloring. Karen Tack explains the importance of covering up the frosting by saying, “Cover the frosting with plastic wrap until ready to use to prevent them from drying out” (Tack 139). Her techniques helped me significantly, last time when I was waiting for my cupcakes to cook, I tinted my frosting; However, I left it out without any cover and my frosting hardened and I was unable use it.



I microwaved each bowl for 10 seconds and stirred it until it became the consistency of light whipped cream or Elmer’s glue. If it’s too thick, stir and microwave for 10 more seconds (Tack 139). Quickly, I held the cupcake by its bottom and dipped it into the melted frosting and lifted the cupcake and allowed the excess frosting to drip off. I popped all the bubbles on the cupcakes and fixed spots that were weird and funny. Afterwards, I waited about 2 minutes for the frosting to harden, and dipped it back into the frosting. The second layer looked way smoother than the first layer. Later, I took a piping bag and filled it with white frosting and applied simple designs on the cupcakes, so it wouldn’t distract the attention away from the pastel frosting.  
Final Product


------->



















My friends said they look absolutely adorable and tasted great! 
















Question: What color would you use if you were to make these cupcakes?
                  Have you ever tried dipping your cupcake into melted frosting before?

 Richardson, Alan, and Karen Tack. Hello, Cupcake! Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 2008. Print.         



0 comments:

Post a Comment