Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Healthy Snacking



Cravings can be a huge setback when trying to maintain a healthy diet. Most people when they think of a snack think of carbohydrate loaded chips or crackers, but all those do is make you crave more. However, "protein is far better at giving you a pick-me-up" (Zinczenko 66). Lot's of things can get the job done, as well as taste good.

Men's Health, Get Back in Shape focuses on being healthy, but still enjoying life and not having to make huge sacrifices to keep those few extra pounds off. There are plenty of healthy snacks the book talks about, including Laughing Cow Cheeses, hard boiled eggs, and Muscle Milk. I have taken a particular liking to apples and almond butter. The apples are sweet and satisfy my sweet tooth, while the almond butter brings on the protein (Zinczenko 66). This snack is filled with natural sugars, and no room for artificial additives.

I have tried to hold myself to eating this as a snack rather than something unhealthy whenever I'm craving that little something, and it's been working. I've been staying away from chips for the past couple weeks, and as a result I've felt more energized. I'd suggest this snack to anybody trying to stay on the healthy side.


What other quick healthy snacks do you recommend?

Zinczenko, David. Men's Health, Get Back in Shape. Rodale Inc, Emmaus Pennsylvania, 2009.

3 comments:

  1. I have no limits in what I eat. Should I be concerned?
    Also my favorite healthy snack would be apples too. But covered in caramel and M&M's...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great suggestion with the apples!i would recommend making some Greek yogurt frozen-pops. they are high in calcium, and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. since you were wondering what other quick healthy snacks that i recommend. personally i highly recommend Twinkies, theyre a great way to start off your day and a great way to get all your food pyramid components in one healthy snack. NOT! i was just joking, one healthy snack i recommend is rice, it is a very simple and great tasting snack that can go with almost anything!

    ReplyDelete