Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Basic Dog Drawing - Dachshund


Drawing this second one was still as relaxing. There was no pressure to be prefect with my drawings and it didn’t take a lot for me to do. This was something that was calming and fun.



For my second drawing, I stuck with something simpler for the outline so I could try to play around with the details. I hadn’t had many details in my last drawing so this was my opportunity to test it out. Of course, first of all, I had to start with the basic outline first. The book says, “Draw a long, narrow, oval shape for the body. Outline the neck and draw a pointer oval for the head. Add short, curved shapes for the legs” (Green 11). The outline was pretty easy but some of the proportions were a little hard to draw.










Of course from there I had to refine some lines which wasn’t that hard. You didn’t have to make very many changed to it. The instructions for the next steps were, “Refine the head, neck, and jaw. Add in the shape for the collar, Shape the legs and paws, and outline the tail” (Green 11). The hardest part was making sure everything was in proportion. Sadly, I forgot to take a picture of this step as I was drawing.














From there, it was a lot of erasing and making sure the legs were the proper shape. Getting the shape correct wasn’t that easy but after doing one paw, I got it down pretty quick. The instructions were, “Refine the shape of the body by adding curves to the dog’s back, chest, legs, and paws. Refine the shape of the ears and the jaw. Add shapes for the eyes and nose” (Green 11). This step was really simple after drawing the paws on my last post even though the shape was harder to accomplish.








































The last step in the book was to add tiny details. The book says, “Detail the area around the eyes, nose, and mouth.” Add contour lines to the ears, neck, chest, and tummy. Draw in lines indicating the color pattern and markings on the dogs fur” (Green 11). I was not able to get the details exactly as I wanted the and that kind of upset me but I was pretty happy at the final look. It wasn’t my best drawing but I can still improve.








Final thoughts: This drawing was more difficult in the last and getting the details right made me a little anxious because I wanted it to look perfect and that was very hard to accomplish.

Questions: If you were to draw this, what details would you add/remove to make the dog look better?

0 comments:

Post a Comment