Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Eggs - The Perfect Protein



Protein is the key to building muscle, and everybody knows that eggs are protein-packed. "Calorie for calorie, you need less protein from eggs than you do from other sources to achieve the same muscle building benefits" (Zinczenko 69). Basically, the author of Men's Health, Get Back in Shape is saying that you can eat less eggs, but still have enough protein needed to build bigger muscles. Eggs are also packed with vitamins and minerals, such as B6, B12, iron, and zinc, that are necessary for a healthy body (Zinczenko 69).

In knowing this, I have put eggs in my daily diet. I usually try to eat them for breakfast, but if I don't have enough time to make them in the morning, I make sure that they are my first option for an after school snack.

One of  my favorite things to make are a quick scramble, with eggs, either ham or sausage, and a little bit of cheese. It takes less than ten minutes to cook, prepare, and clean up, and tastes good too! All you have to do is warm the meat, toss in the eggs, then sprinkle in some cheese and seasoning, and now you're set with a good, hearty meal.


After eating a meal with eggs, I always feel energized and ready to get up and do something. They are able to keep me alert at school, or even more pumped to go to the gym.

What other foods do you eat for a protein packed meal?

Zinczenko, David. Men's Health, Get Back in Shape. Rodale Inc, Emmaus Pennsylvania, 2009.

4 comments:

  1. Greek yogurt has a lot of proteins as well as steak, nuts and even jerky contain a great amount of protein and are all great ways to get your proteins in between meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also look toward Greek yogurt and nuts when I need some quick protein. Glad to find that we are both on the right track when it comes to eating right!

      Delete
  2. Hey Evan, over the past years scrambled eggs have been my go-to quick meal. Whenever I need some quick protein I can make some eggs and feel good because I'm eating something good for my health and also something that will fill me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eggs are definitely one of the best foods to eat when you need something quick and healthy. I feel the same way whenever I eat them, for sure much better than if I were to just feast on cereal.

      Delete