Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Almond & Peach Parfait

Breakfast Parfait

In this blog, I will be proving a super easy recipe to make on the go before school. I made this breakfast parfait in less than 5 minutes, so this recipe is perfect for anybody who wakes up at 6:30 am like me and still wants to eat a healthy breakfast. In my previous blog posts, I mentioned facts about healthy eating so I wont ramble on for too long, but I just wanted to remind you readers that "Research reveals how unwise it is to go without breakfast. People who skip it will crave carbohydrates and will consume more sugary foods and beverages and less vegetables and fruit. The effect on your health will soon add up" (Turner 9). So don't even think about not eating breakfast, just make this quick and easy parfait instead!
Turner says that the almond peach parfait recipe is perfect for desert lovers because it's a creamy layered desert packed with super foods (Turner 56).
Ingredients
Serves 1
Layer ingredients
2/3 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup blueberries
2 tbsp. silvered almonds
1 peach, diced
Topping
a few raspberries
1 tbsp. hemp seeds
raw honey to taste
Modified recipe
2 tbsp. of greek yogurt (Tip: mix honey into yogurt)
a few blueberries
a few peaches (canned peaches as peaches are not in season right now)
Questions: Have you ever had McDonalds parfaits? Are they or are they not the best parfaits ever!??
When do you wake up?





1 comments:

  1. As someone that wakes up at 6 and doesn't have much extra time in the morning, this seems perfect! Personally, I have never had a McDonalds parfaits so I can't be the judge of that! My questions are, were the ingredients expensive? Would you/have you made this again?

    ReplyDelete