Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

General drawing: Full body drawing

The next step in drawing i decided to take was a full shot of a model. As always, there are many aspects of the drawing a person must pay attention to. One of the main things i tried to pay attention to before that I haven't before was the pose of the person. "...with a slight shift in my observation point and the position of the legs of my subject, I was able to obtain a much more meaningful and better organised composition on this page" (Civardi 185). Instead of having the person stand perfectly straight towards the angle, I drew the person not directly facing the front, his hands in his pocket and his feet pointing away from each other. This was to help give the person a little more character and personality. Sometimes making a carbon copy of the subject will result in a less appealing picture compared to one that is a little more spontaneous in nature (Civardi 184). Overall, I tried to create a casual pose that gave a little more flare to the drawing. Besides that main point, I focused again on the little and shading to help make the picture appear three dimensional.

Displaying IMG_1830.JPG

As usual, I was pretty pleased with the final product, even if it was on the rougher end. There's a certain level of experience and practice I lack, but with the book's advice, I managed to take the picture further compared to most.

My question for you guys is what are some resources that have helped you complete very important tasks?

Giovanni, Civardi. Drawing, A Completle Guide. N.p.: Search, 2006.

0 comments:

Post a Comment