Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Soy Sauce Noodle Rice Wraps

Today I made soy sauce noodles and added a twist to them. Instead of putting them into a bowl, I put them into a rice wrap and created these rolls. On the rice wrap package, it says to "dip the sheet into warm water for 5 seconds and then quickly place contents in and roll". I found out (the hard way) that these wraps harden very fast after they are dipped in the water. I had a lot of problems with this dish. As I wrapped more and more rolls, the previous one had already cooled by the time I was done with the next. I made 8 rolls in total. The first wrap was ice cold while the eighth was still steaming. Next time I make these I will have to find a way to keep finished wraps warm until I'm one with all of them.
 

Have any of you ever had a problem like this? If so, what happened?

1 comments:

  1. Hi Aiden! Those soy sauce noodle rice wraps look amazing!! I had a similar problem like yours when I was making Swedish pancakes. When I first started making the pancakes and poured the batter into the pan, I didn't realize how fast the batter cooks and the first 5 pancakes I made were lopsided and darker than how it was supposed to be. But after a while, I got the hang of it and my hands started working faster into making almost perfect crepes.

    ReplyDelete