Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Origami Squid

    In the book, Under the sea origami by Duy Nguyen, he starts of the book with very basic and with essential folds that will help in making wonderful sea origami animals.

To make a squid you must know the following folds, valley fold, squash fold, mountain fold, and the pleat fold. These folds can found in the basic fold section. (Nguyen 6).

When I was making the origami squid it was farley easy and fun to make. The challenge I had when making the origami squid were "pleat fold" and "pleat fold reverse". (Nguyen 8). This part was very confusing to due to the fact that one side had to be a pleat fold but the other side had to be reverse pleat fold. I didn't realize the first time why I was doing it wrong. Due to one side only have one flap and other not having a flap. Even though I had issues making the origami squid I found it to be enjoyable and seeing how it turned out at the end.

What is the most diffitcult origami figure you made?

Nguyen, Duy. under the sea origami. New York: Sterling Publishing Co., Inc, 2004







2 comments:

  1. The most difficult origami figure I have made was an origami "spring into action." It took me many tries, but it was definitely worth it because it was so cool and was very complex. The figure took me many hours just to create one, but the design was the coolest and hardest thing I have ever made. Anyways, I think your post was very informative and is something I can relate to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m new to origami, I only know how to make a few simple things like fortune tellers and boxes. But I want to learn how to do more complex origami because it seems cool and fun. This squid that you've made looks pretty cool, and I think it will be a great figure to create for me as I want to learn how to do more complex origami. The most difficult origami figure I’ve made is a crane, I use know how to make it when I was younger but it’s been so long since I made it I totally forgot how to make it.

    ReplyDelete