Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Hang On Through Finals With a Monkey Towel Animal!

Ever felt like you were at your maximum limits, that you just want to give up, that you have no motivation to carry on with life?

Welcome to finals season!
Is it just me or that I personally dread this time of the year. Test and presentations back-to-back with hours of preparation and studying, I'm going to need better motivation other than getting an A on my chemistry test (which I am barely passing that class anyway). So as we all brace for finals, why not take a break from studying by making a monkey towel animal based off my book Holland America Line Towel Creations! Recommended by Ms. Robison, I'll demonstrate the steps and instructions on how to create this monkey with ease.

Materials you will need for this will be a large 30 x 50 in. towel for the main body and a medium sized 17 x 28 in. towel to create the head for the monkey. Additional materials like googly eyes or fun decorations are optional but not necessary.

1st: You may have seen these steps in my previous blogs, but you will need to lay out your large towel and "Roll widthwise tightly into the center from both edges" (Holland 53) to form what looks like 2 burritos.

2nd: Fold your towel again in half so that the edges are together (Holland 53), but now it looks like 4 burritos clumped together!

3rd: Finishing up the main body, "Pull out the center of each roll to form the body" (Holland 53), then your going to need a clip or hanger that holds the body in an upright position.

4th: Now that your done with the body, lay out your medium towel  to fold it in half widthwise and then fold it in half again (Holland 53).


5th: Grab the corners of the towel and pull them down to the center of the towel (Holland 53), to form a triangle
6th: "Fold the triangle backwards, take the loose ends from each side of folded triangle and fold back" (Holland 53). Almost done!
7th: Wrapping this up (see what I did there), "Shape the side with the flaps into the mouth and place the head on the body" (Holland 53). When I placed the head between the hands, it would fall out of place, so i recommend using a clip to hold the head in place. After that, your done!
Big tasks or assignments can take a toll on your ability to learn or think after a long period of time, so it's important to take a breather once in a while. Anything from having a snack break or using 20 stress balls at a time, let me give you another alternate activity that will for sure clear your mind from stress. This works for me all the time, which makes me wonder why I have such a bad grade in Chemistry... Or ending up with piles of towel animals all over my room...
I want to ask you how you clear your mind from stress when you have big tasks coming up.

Have a Great Day Everyone!
Janice Herrador


Holland, comp. Towel Creations: Holland America Line 40 Designs. Seattle, WA: Holland America Line, 2007. Print.

2 comments:

  1. Personally I like to lay down for a bit and watch Netflix or go out and hang out with friends, takes my mind off of things for a while and I can actually enjoy myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same for me too, well more like binge watching Netflix for more than 10 hours, either way we all have different ways to give our minds a break. Thanks for your input!

      Delete