Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Cookie Monster


Cookie monster is my all-time favorite character on sesame street, his fun and outgoing personality captured my attention. His love for cookies made me love cookies.  Today I will be sharing with this easy and adorable cookie monster cupcakes! The ingredients you will be needing are:

·        6 cupcakes Paper liners
·        Regular Cupcakes baking pan: 2 1/2 x 1 1/4 inches
·        ½ cup on whole milk
·        Piping bag with tips
·        1 can of 16 oz. Container of vanilla Frosting
·        Edible eyes
·        cookies
·        11.5 oz. of Cake Mix
·        1 egg
·        blue food coloring
·        1/3 cup of Vegetable oil


Like always, I made the batter and placed it in the oven. When it was ready I took it out and started decorating. I started off by tinting the can of frosting with blue food coloring. I placed the blue frosting inside the piping bag with a start tip.  Generously covering my cupcake with blue swirls of frosting to symbolize the fur of Cookie Monster (Tack 124). Furthermore, Karen Tack emphasized the importance of making the frosting messy by saying, “To really get the fur of Cookie Monster, swirl the frosting in no particular order, get it everywhere to make it more realistic” (Tack 124). Using her technique, I grabbed the piping bag and squeezed it while moving my hand all over the cupcake without going in any pattern. Then, using a knife I cut a line at the bottom of the cupcake to create the mouth of Cookie Monster. I placed a cookie in the month of Cookie Monster because, duh, Cookie Monster loves cookies. Finally, I placed two edible eyes at the top of the cupcake, and honestly after placing on the eyes, my Cookie Monster became an old man. It didn’t really look like Cookie Monster anymore but a weird man. However, my friend said that it was cute and adorable.




That’s it! It is honestly so simple and doable! Overall, I had a really great time not only making the cupcakes but also eating them. They turned out way better than I expected. I brought these cupcakes over to my little cousins and they absolutely loved them! I will surely make these cupcakes again in the future! I am so shocked that I was able to make Cookie Monster, this has been a great achievement.



















Question: Who's your favorite character from sesame street, and who would you like to try to bake on a cupcake?


 Richardson, Alan, and Karen Tack. Hello, Cupcake! Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 2008. Print.         

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lam! My favorite character from Sesame Street is Cookie Monster and I would like to try and bake him on a cupcake so thanks so much for this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katelyn! You are welcome. I had so much fun making it, you should definitely give it a try! It got really messy but it was all worth it in the end, because of how adorable and delicious it was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cupcake was very smooth and easy to eat! Tasted well!

    ReplyDelete