Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Blouses in Fashion

Hey everyone! For my very last post, I'll be talking about blouses in fashion and how to wear them. In his book, The Little Dictionary of Fashion, Christian Dior says, "Today blouses are not worn quite as much as they used to be and I think it is a pity" (14). I agree with Dior, even though he wrote this book quite a while ago, I still think it is still relevant for today's current fashion sense. Blouses, in my opinion are mostly worn with suits and straight pants by older women in the business industry. However, I think since a blouse is such a flattering and beautiful type of top, it should be worn more often, by more ages of women, and to multiple occasions.

When Dior expresses his opinion about blouses in The Little Dictionary of Fashion, he thinks that women should differ from wearing suits and jackets for once, and put on a nice blouse to wear in the warm weather (14). I agree with him on this, since blouses usually have a more delicate material to them, they should be shown in the spring and summer. Personally, I only have one blouse that I really like. For my outfit I created, I wore my blouse which has a light pink/peach flower print on it over a black base, with a tie in the front and an embroidered trim around the neckline. I paired it with my black leggings and knee-high grey heeled boots. This look is great for a night out in the city, or with a different pair of pants and shoe, this blouse could be paired well with a nice pair of jeans for the spring and summer time.


I think blouses are able to make a big comeback if more are made like the one I'm wearing, where it isn't as proper and formal like the types of blouses worn to business meetings. I think this type of top is very appealing and special, and can make a great look for all kinds of occasions. Thank you everyone for reading my blogs these past few months, I hope you have a great rest of the year!

Do you wear blouses often? And if you do, where do you wear it to and what do you pair with it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment