Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Give Your Bae a Swan Towel Animal For Valentines Day!

Not sure what to give your significant other for Valentines Day? Don't settle with a meaningless box of chocolates, why not give them a swan towel animal instead! They will be in awe of your talent and effort to break the boundaries of a standard Valentines gift. From my experience from reading Holland America Line Towel Creations, I will be demonstrating the steps and instructions on how to make this easy towel creation!


For materials, you will need a large 30 x 50 in. towel and a medium sized 17 x 28 in. towel in order to create this towel animal. Additional accessories like googly eyes or decorations I would recommend to your towel creation, but its not necessary.


1st: For this step I recommend you have a hook attached to a wall so that this step can result in a more accurate towel fold. Either way, grab your large towel and "Latch the towel onto a support and tightly roll both sides of the towel to the center." (Holland 85)


2nd: Flip the towel over and grab the tip and fold it around 3/4s backwards (Holland 85)


3rd: Grab the very tip of the towel and curve it (Holland 85) to form the neck and mouth of the swan


4th: Now get the medium sized towel from before and "Spread over towel over the bottom body and tuck two corners into the front of the body"


5th: Finally, "Pick the center up and put the rest underneath to make it stand" (Holland 85). Optional, add any decorations or googly eyes to your swan. If not, your all done!

As I come to a close with my blogs, my journey with creating cute and adorable towel animals was a fun yet challenging task. I would make towel animals for my own use or to bring joy to others, either way, I consider this my favorite hobby or activity I would do in my spare time. For this Valentines Day, my hope is that you create or give something meaningful and special to your loved ones. For this, I ask you what is your favorite activity/hobby?


Thank you for reading my blogs throughout this season!
Have a Great Day!

Janice Herrador


Holland, comp. Towel Creations: Holland America Line 40 Designs. Seattle, WA: Holland America Line, 2007. Print.

0 comments:

Post a Comment