Pages

Monday, January 30, 2017

You Scream, I Scream, I Made Some Ice Cream

I decided to make something colder for this post. I was searching the book and I came across a recipe for no-cook ice cream and I decided to make no-cook mint chocolate ice cream. First I gathered the ingredients "3 cups light cream,  1 1/2 cups sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla, 3 cups whipping cream" (Darling 136). Next I mixed the light cream, sugar, and vanilla until the sugar dissolved. After that I stirred in whipping cream and mint syrup which I eyeballed because it asked for mint extract and I didn't have any so I substituted it. I also didn't have miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips so I improvised and chopped up the regular sized semi-sweet chocolate chips so they would be smaller and closer to that miniature size.





















 I then mixed those in with the rest of the ingredients and then added about 8 drops of green food coloring to give it that mint green look. After I mixed it all together I poured it into a container and then put it in my freezer and left it there over night. I served it the next day and it turned out alright. I was surprised that it turned out so good and would definitely make it again if I couldn't buy real ice cream. The only thing that wasn't super great was that the chocolate chips all fell to the bottom.























I would like ask this question, what is your method to keep heavy ingredients from falling to the bottom of a mixture like mine did?

Darling, Jennifer. Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book. Des Moines, IA: Meredith, 1989. Print.


0 comments:

Post a Comment