Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The golden seal lion

    For my final post, I decided to use a gold sheet of  origami paper to make my seal lion, from the book under the sea origami by Duy Nguyen. Under the sea origami has taught and shown me the different animals that I can create with origami paper. All of these animals I have never done before, but I have done certain folds that the book teaches and shows how to make such and such folds. But overall this book has enhanced my overall knowledge of origami, in the past I never knew the proper names of certain folds. But with book i now know more and the name of folds.

To make a origami seal lion, you must know the following folds: mountain fold, valley fold, outside reverse fold, squash fold. (Nguyen 30).

Making the seal lion was easy, even though I may had of have some issues getting the creases and folds perfect so that it all comes together very neatly. Especially with the gold origami paper, it is very fragile so I had to extra careful with the folds and creases. Some parts that I trouble with was doing "outside reverse fold". (Nguyen 8). I thought that I had missed a fold while making the seal lion so I redid it, but I just really had to was fold the tail inwards. Overall i did enjoy making the seal lion, espcially in gold.

Nguyen, Duy. under the sea origami. New York: Sterling Publishing Co., Inc, 2004

Do you prefer using a specific color when making an origami figure? 








  




0 comments:

Post a Comment