Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Eyeliner

Eyeliner
               How you apply  your eyeliner shows what type of personality you have. If you are daring and bold you will choose to have your eyeliner be big winged and dramatic, but if your more of a shy person you would choose to go small and simple. Me? I like to wear no eyeliner because of the struggles and time it takes to put it on. But, while reading the book “Face Paint the story of Makeup” by Lisa Eldridge I have gotten inspired to try and wear eyeliner in one of her chapters she talks about Amy Winehouse and how she likes to have her signature eyeliner, “Winehouse’s US makeup artist, Valli O’ Reilly, revealed that she designed her own look. She said; ‘she pretty much had it down with the eyeliner and everything. It was second nature to her…’ though her style was strong, it was actually quite simple.” Doing eyeliner is not as easy as it seems for a beginner but, I went to Sephora and I bought myself an eyeliner to try out. I will probably start with a small wing and small lines and later on increase the size.

               My question to you people is what type of eyeliners do you use and what type of products do you use for your eyeliner application?

3 comments:

  1. As someone who has been wearing makeup for a while, I tend to use a felt tip liner. Im not specific to which brand it is, but any that really works and has the pigmentation that i like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tatiana! My name is Aliya DelaCuesta! I am doing a similar topic as you, using the Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual. Personally, I use to do wear winged eyeliner daily. Yet due to my laziness, I stopped. When applying eyeliner I tend to use liquid liners with a felt tip as it is easier to apply. I used products such as Stila liquid liner, and Kat Von D tattoo liner in shade trooper. For more precise looks I use a liquid brush on application with nyx vinyl liner. I want to experiment more with gel as I am more unfamiliar and scared. What gel liners would you recommend? What brush would I use for application?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tatiana! I really enjoyed reading this blog post because I agree that eyeliner takes a lot of effort and takes a while to get down. Usually I use the Tattoo Liner by Kat Von D which makes eyeliner application a bit easier for me. And a tip to make eyeliner a bit easier is to use tape at the end of the eye so that the shape of the liner is easier to accomplish and even. Do you have any other eyeliner tips you could recommend?

    ReplyDelete