Pages

Monday, January 30, 2017

Chocolate Surprise Cupcakes

Hello Fellow Bloggers, 

Today's tasty treats are the super yummy and super easy chocolate surprise cupcakes! These cupcakes are great treats for parties or if you're just feeling like you need a little bit of sweets! In the book it said "Top each with about 1 1/2 tsp. of the cream cheese mixture and one cookie." but I didn't really want to add the Oreo inside the cupcake so I just skipped that step of the recipe.
Ingredients: 

  • 1 Pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
  • 1 Pkg. (8 oz.) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbsp. sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups thawed cool whipped topping



Before I started actually baking I made sure to have all my ingredients and to make sure that the cream cheese is softened this will make it easier to blend and avoid bumps in the cream cheese mixture, but don't worry if you do have some bumps it won't affect the outcome of the cupcakes.




So the first step is to prepare the batter as directed on the package and scoop them in to the cupcake pans.

The next step is to scoop the cheesecake batter on top of the cupcake batter and then use the remaining batter and cover the cheesecake batter. Then place them into the oven until baked.


A good way I know weather or not my cupcakes are baked all the way through is by sticking a toothpick in the center of my cupcakes and if it comes out clean then the cupcakes are done.  

After the cupcakes have cooled enough then you use the cool whip to frost the cupcakes. I decided to put the cool whip into a piping bag personally I like using a piping bag for my frosting (Little tip if you don't have any piping bags you can use a sandwich bag and put the frosting in there and cut the tip of the bag and it works perfectly).

The last step is to put them in the fridge to stay cool until ready to serve. I decided to serve my cupcakes to some of my friends and see what they said; 

Alix Chappell said "They are very good, the frosting is my favorite part."

Avery Oland said "Oh my gosh, so good!"

Ahron Abraham said "These are good! I especially like the frosting." 


Mackenzie Griswold said "This is really tasty."


Thank you for reading my blog now tell me; 

- What's your favorite method for frosting cupcakes? 
- Who would you share your cupcakes with? 


3 comments:

  1. Usually when I frost my cupcakes I like to use those frosting tools that create elaborate designs/patterns as you squeeze the frosting out of a bottle, specifically my favorite design is the one that looks like turfs of grass when frosted onto a cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a really unique design! I might have to try that one day when I'm frosting cupcakes in the future! Thank you Janice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauryn! Your chocolate cupcakes are so adorable and they look super good! To answer your question, I love to share my cupcakes with my friends and families. Also, when creating the frosting, I usually use a piping bag and the tips. Personally, I'm not very good at using a piping bag, but when my mom helped me to make cute designs, they look beautiful! My favorite design would have to be the star tip! It is super simple but it creates an elegant look on the cupcakes.Lastly, do you prefer chocolate or vanilla cupcakes more?

    ReplyDelete