Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Drawing - Pugs


As I was drawing and preparing for finals, drawing these pictures helped me forget about the overwhelming amount of work I had to do and things I had to prepare. The way I approached drawing this dog was better than the last times. I felt like I knew what I was doing better this time.



The book “Dogs Draw and Color” by John Green is a good book for step by step instructions. For my third piece, I chose to draw a pug. This was still an easy one but I decided to slowly work my way up and this had more details than the last two. The first step in the book was, “Draw an oval shape for the body, and a smaller oval for the head. Draw another oval for the rear thigh and outline the rear paw. Ass elongated oval shapes for the front legs” (Green 23). This shows the rough outline of the dog. It was really easy to do this part as it had no details and was just simple shapes.



 






As the steps progress, more details get added. Step two says, “Refine the outline of the head. Shape the ears, and draw in a curved sausage shape to outline the mouth” (Green 23). This step was pretty easy and the language used was one that helped me draw the mouth like it said.


From here, more details are added and the basic shapes from the beginning get refined totally. The book says, “Draw in the eyes and the lower part of the ears. Add the chin. Refine the outline of the dog’s tummy and legs” (Green 23).




 From here, the details are just small ones to make the drawing more real. The book says that to do this you, “Add detail to the eyes and nose, and draw the fold lines on the head and around the eyes. Add broken lines to the muzzle. Draw lines for the color pattern on the lower part of the front legs and finish with detail to the paws” (Green 23).




Final thoughts: Overall, most of this drawing was easy even though there were some difficult parts such as the mouth and the little details that took a little more time to perfect. Also, the shape of the legs was kind of hard to perfect but I’m pretty happy with the result.

Questions: While preparing for finals, what did you do to relax? Have you done this before or was it a new technique you tried?


0 comments:

Post a Comment