Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Landscape Photography

Hello friends, I decided to walk on my local trail and take some pictures of the landscape and nature. I was inspired by a comment on one of my previous posts talking about landscape and nature. In this post, I'm going to be talking about landscape.

So before I even got into the park and onto the trail, I saw a good opportunity to get a good landscape shot, as you can see here:
The entrance to Soos Creek Trail.

I felt like this shot was good but I'm unsure if its a great example of landscape. I do like the look of perspective though as you look down the trail. I think this next picture is a better example.
A river down the trail that goes under a bridge.
As I was walking down I saw a river that lead under a bridge and I felt this would be a good subject for landscape. I think this picture was better because you get a wide shot of the whole scene without as many obstructions like in the first picture. This one also has a good perspective on the river. 

After this little adventure, I was feeling a lot better, as I was a bit frustrated at all the homework I had to do. Not only that I also was able to complete all my blogs in one trip which is a pretty good bonus :D. I also realized that landscape and perspective really go hand-in-hand.

On that note, what kind of subjects do you like to take pictures of. This question is a bit similar to my last one, but I'm curious.

2 comments:

  1. You have some really great ideas on photography! Always try to find unique perspectives that leads the eye to a focal point, rather than wandering all over the image. The river is a good example of this technique because your eye naturally wants to follow down the stream. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete