Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Gotta Catch’em All

Today I will be making Pokémon balls cupcakes. Can you believe that Pokémon has been around for 20 years? As a child my favorite game of all time would be Pokémon.  I grew up with mainly boys in my household, so I played games that my cousins would love to play and I would be so excited to catch Pokémon’s and have competition with them. Today I will be reliving my childhood by making these cute, doable cupcakes. The ingredients you will be needing are:

·        6 cupcakes Paper liners
·        Regular Cupcakes baking pan: 2 1/2 x 1 1/4 inches
·        ½ cup on whole milk
·        Piping bag with tips
·        1 can of 16 oz. Container of vanilla Frosting
·        A whisk
·        An Oven
·        11.5 oz. of Cake Mix
·        1 egg
·        Red food coloring
·        1/3 cup of Vegetable oil



Like Before, I made the batter and placed it in the oven. After 25 minutes I took the cupcakes out and started the decoration. Karen Tack emphasized the importance of having the right texture of frosting by saying, “Make sure your frosting is at room temperature; it will have a better texture and will be easier to handle, and always stir the frosting before using it” (Tack 10). I took her advice and placed the frosting on the kitchen table for a day, and stirred it well before using it. First, I took half of the frosting in the can and made it red with red food coloring and let the half remain white. I took the red frosting and spread it on half of the cupcakes, and i did the exact same thing with the white frosting. I removed any excess frosting and smoothed the top (Tack 10). 

Then, I put chocolate frosting inside a piping bag with a small hole tip. Where the red frosting and the white frosting meets, I put a line in the middle and a circle in the middle of the line to create the Poké ball design. It might look sloppy and messy at first, but everything will eventually come into place.Then, I get another piping bag but this time I have white vanilla frosting inside. With the same small hole tip, I fill the circle in the middle of the line with white frosting to imitate the poke ball design.





--------------------->







Overall, they look so adorable even if it’s a little messy! My friends said it was tasty and the design was beautiful! I really enjoyed making these cupcakes and will surely make it again in the future!








Question: Did you play Pokemon when you were young? If so, what Pokemon was your favorite? 
Will you ever try to bake these cupcakes?

 Richardson, Alan, and Karen Tack. Hello, Cupcake! Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 2008. Print.         

0 comments:

Post a Comment