Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

White Chocolate Chip Cookies!

For my last blog post, i decided to do another cookie recipe since i started off my blog with a cookie recipe, i wanted to end it with a cookie recipe! The recipe is quite similar to the original one i did in my first blog post but this is a little tweaked. Also a relative of mines birthday is coming up and they love white chocolate chips so what better excuse to make these amazing cookies from scratch! According to the book, "This cookie recipe will make a total of three dozen cookies when using two tablespoons for each cookie" (Pansino 32).

The ingredients you will need are:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 
- 2 teaspoon baking soda 
- 1 teaspoon salt 
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) salted butter, at room temperature 
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar 
- 3/4 firmly packed light brown sugar 
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs 
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips 

Directions:
1. The first thing you do is preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and in a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Next you add the eggs, one at a time and scrape the sides of the bowl if needed.
3. After the two mixtures are all mixed, "beat the flower mixture in parts of three until combined" (Pansino 32). This step i think is such a important step because if you dont put the flour into three parts, it would get very messy and i know that no one want to clean up a mess of flour so i made sure i divided them into three parts and luckily, i didn't make a mess!
4. Next you would fold in the white chocolate chips and place two tablespoon of dough per cookie onto the baking sheet. This part i kind of changed up a bit because i am making these for a specific occasion and needed different sizes but the recipe says 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie.
5. After the oven is done pre-heating, put the cookies into the oven for 7 to 9 minutes and after they are done, take them out to cool completely. I decided to set my timer for 8 minutes because it is in the middle of seven and nine. In the book, the author specifically says when cooling the cookies, not to place them in the freezer but let them air cool (Pansino 21). When you place the cookies in the freezer, the cookies start to crack so i made sure that i didn't put them int the freezer and it took for me about 30 minutes for all the cookies to cool and finally be complete and ready to eat! If you have a wire rack, that would be a better place to place the cookies overnight and wake up to them fully ready to be gobbled down!

Final Presentation:
The total number of cookies that i got from this recipe was 39 cookies! Luckily i have people to eat them so they just dont lay around my house. I felt like this recipe with the white chocolate chips were okay but not the best. The brown sugar didn't compliment the white chocolate chips as well as they could've but they still tasted amazing. I feel like the white chocolate chips would be good with maybe a sugar cookie recipe rather than one that needed regular chocolate chips. Other than that, it tasted amazing and the white chocolate tasted amazing and overall, this wasn't my best recipe, but it was a good one to try out. Either way, THE OUTCOME WAS DELICIOUS! 
Question: What is your least favorite type of cookie and why?

Citation: Pansino, Rosanna. The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook: Sweet Treats for the Geek in All of Us. New York: Atria, 2015. Print.

4 comments:

  1. Least favorite cookies, well my worst experience with cookies; I baked a normal batch of chocolate chip cookies, but the chips I had used were UNsweetened, so I had eaten one and instantly ran to the trash can to take the flavor out of my mouth. Disgusting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh No! I'm so sorry that you had to experience that but at least you know what you did wrong so next time you make them, make sure they are unsweetened! Also thank you for commenting on my post !

      Delete
  2. Yayyyyyyyy Jason! I am very glad you made this blog post; these are my all-time favorite cookies! I have never really thought of baking them before, but now that I have found a delicious looking recipe, I’m definitely going to attempted it. My least favorite type of cookie is oatmeal raisins, because I don’t like oatmeal or raisins, I’m sure there’s many other nasty cookies, but that’s the most grossest type I’ve tried. One of my worst experiences in making cookies was, it was my first time making chocolate cookies from scratch. I forgot that cookies expanded a lot when their baked, so I made the balls big, therefore when the cookies were done the entire cookie balls came together to just be one big cookie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Abby! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment on my post and i hope you try this recipe because trust me, you will love these cookies!

      Delete