Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Sign Language

             Speaking hasn't always been the easiest thing for me. Ever since I heard of Sign Language I fell in love with the concept. When I was younger I had a hard time pronouncing a lot of big words, so not speaking sounded amazing. In Gallaudet survival Guide to signing it has suggestions. It talks about how you need practice a lot to become smooth with your signs and make sure you keep your hands positioned between your head and hips (vii Lane). This gives me motivation to become a better signer and understand what the deaf community is like. Having the book teach me signs is amazing, it is something I can grasp really easily and feel like there is something sturdy in my life that I can always rely on.




             "Numbers can be used in many different situations for a verity of purposes...time sign the numbers in the order you speak them. For example, you can tell someone it is 4:15 by signing 4, 15" (xi Lane). There are many dynamics in signing and numbers are one of them. The number three was different then I expected. sign language to me is like a way into the deaf world. A culture on which I feel we don't hear enough about.
What does Sign Language mean to you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment