Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Brownies


To start off my blog I will be making one of my favorite baked goods, brownies. The cook book I got had a very easy and simple recipe for brownies, so I decided to try it out.
The ingredients include:
  • ½ pound unsalted butter
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 cup cocoa powder
  • ¾ cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract

The first steps are to preheat the oven to 325 degrees, then butter a pan and set it aside, and melt the sticks of butter for later.

“Beat the eggs and sugar on medium-high speed for 5-10 minutes, until very thick and light yellow” (Garten, 218). When I made my recipe I did the same thing but when I was done the color I had was a darker yellow not a light yellow like the Garten said, I think this was because I used organic sugar which has a brown color to it instead of pure white regular sugar.


When the egg and sugar mixture is ready, lower the speed to low and add the vanilla extract, cocoa powder, and flour. Mix until everything is combined (Garten, 218). I did just as the instruction said and added the vanilla extract, cocoa powder, and flour and mixed on low speed. I mixed until everything was properly combined and I couldn’t see the flour or cocoa powder anymore.
Then add the melted butter to the mixture and combine on low speed. When I usually bake brownies I add chocolate chips for extra flavor, since this recipe didn’t say to add them I thought that I would add them to this recipe to make the brownies more delicious. Lastly pour the batter into the pan and put it into the oven.





The brownies turned out great once they were done baking, I was right about the chocolate chips because they really did add a wonderful chocolate boost to the brownies. If you try this great simple brownie recipe I suggest you add the chocolate chips for they add a delicious chocolate flavor that really enhances the taste.

What’s your favorite baked good? And do you have any special ingredients you like to add to it?
Garten, Ina. Barefoot Contessa Back to the Basics. New York, Clarkson Potter, 2008. Print.




0 comments:

Post a Comment