Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Social Media Marketing


Social Media Marketing

There are many social media platforms that many people use personally, or for some type of business marketing. But the main purpose of social media isn't to post your belief, but to actually gain valuable data for companies by companies to bring you the most valuable social media experience, It is just one big business! Many of these social media platforms include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Pinterest and YouTube.

I personally enjoy the art of trying to market yourself which is what I will be blogging about. There are many ways people market off of social media, people market themselves (celebrities), people market businesses, people market organizations, and frequent/infrequent events. There are 3.175 billion global active internet users, which is almost half of the world's population! Social media accounts penetrate about 30% of these internet users, 2.206 billion people (Williams 10)

I will be blogging about the social media techniques that I use and learn from John Williams to grow my brand and organization to hopefully in the near future be able to call myself a successful social media marketer!


Twitter

I will be marketing off of twitter on the account @Haven_eSports and will try to grow from my point of 317 followers and 2.5k engagements daily.

I usually tweet infrequently and only tweet twice, maybe 3 times a day but after reading Willams section on Lifespan I learned I need to change this. only 92% of engagement happens only between the first hour of the tweet being made (Williams 37) an engagement is anybody ,clicking, liking, commenting, favoriting, or retweeting a post. So instead of tweeting less times a day tweeting more isn't only acceptable but preferred!



Through the next couple of weeks and months I will not only try to expand but do so successfully with a higher engagement percentage and follower count! Why not go and check out the twitter, and give it a follow!

QUESTION : What is your main purpose of social media? What are your hoping to do with the account in the near future if you are on it daily?

Williams, John. Social Media: Marketing Strategies for Rapid Growth Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and YouTube. 2016. Print.


0 comments:

Post a Comment