Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

"Face to Face" with the girl next door

Makeup in my opinion, is a form of art. Painting a simple picture. The difference between makeup and art, is that most art forms are on canvas or wall. Makeup, is on the skin of a being. A moving canvas. Male or female; can look very artistic. A form of expression.

To start off, I chose makeup as my topic because I have always found makeup as a self expression, in which I personally love and encourage self expression between every individual whether their form is appropriate or not. Since the age of twelve I have been learning to wield a beauty blender and a luscious lipstick wand. You see, just like painting or drawing. One must practice, and if you are serious about the art form of makeup. It's best to research as well. Personally, I have never been one to like sitting down and learning from someone else. I consider myself more of a leader than follower, throwing myself into a subject and learning along the way from mistakes to improve my self-being. But with this project, I'm learning to be taught. If not from a person in physical form. Then from a book.

I began by reading about new processes of applying makeup. Reading about different styles and different facial structures. Then, I continued with attempting to apply the makeup and copy the style that the picture in the book showed - along with following directions.



This specific model was wearing a look called "The Girl Next Door". This look is used as more of a simple look. Maybe to go to work or spend time with the family, this is not considered a formal look; also considered to be "Beginners basic's" look. One thing i noticed, this specific artist/author did on her model is start by applying foundation first. Instead of starting with the eyes. The reason this confused me, is because typically when you apply foundation first and then you apply eye-makeup and brows - you are rubbing off your foundation. Therefore defeating the official purpose of applying foundation in the first place. Yet, I still followed through with this process to see if there would be a different outcome and to learn a different way of applying makeup.

Alyssa Giacobbe, the artist. First started off by "applying the darker foundation in the following places: beneath the cheekbones. on the sides of the nose, at the inner eye where the bridge of the nose meets the brow bone, and at the temples. Then apply the lighter concealer in these places: beneath the eyes, on the top of the cheekbones, beneath  the brows, on the bridge of the rise and at the center of the chin and forehead." This was a typical process for me when applying foundation, besides applying the normal color foundation on top of the lighter and darker foundation then blending. Also, I learned a new way of applying blush and bronzer. UNDER the cheekbones instead of application on top. Alyssa also seemed to be a fan of placing mascara on the bottom eye lashes. She says, "I'm a huge fam of using mascara on the bottom lashes - it opens up the eyes." In which, I do believe this made my eye color pop a little more than usual. At the end of this ten minute process. Which by the way - is a super short time period to do makeup. This was my outcome:






While it is rather hard to see the exact resemblance and these aren't the best pictures ever, this was as close as I could come up with, with the products I had. I love this look, its natural and simple. Especially good for days that you rather not wake up at five am to do your makeup, instead. Wake up at six! But you see. "you give yourself the option of using makeup to enhance your look, not covering it up. After all, makeup is about celebrating who you are, not fighting it."



Questions:

1. What are your typical habits when applying makeup?
2. Did you learn something new from my blog whether from Alyssa or I?
3. Do you personally know any makeup tips you might like to share?



#makeup #looks #learn #explore


















0 comments:

Post a Comment