Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

the importance of warming up












With any type of Sport, it is always important to warm up your muscles so that they are ready to be used when you start doing an activity. Misty Copeland is a principle dancer for the American Ballet Theatre in New York. She says that every morning before she starts on her jumps and turns she does the same barre warm up to help prepare herself for the things she is about to do. She says that even though it is structurally slow it is perfectly designed to help bring her to her center so that she is able to dance freely without the barre. If you give yourself a proper warmup then you will most likely have a better performance because your body has been physically prepared to do that certain thing whether it is dance, soccer or basketball you should always get your body warm and ready so that it can handle anything that it is about to endure.


In the book I am reading Misty is explaining how it has been very hard for her to jump because she has an injury in her leg. She says that if you Stretch and warm up before you participate in an activity it will lower the chances of you getting an injury, and you will be doing what you love to do for a very long time. She said that she would usually do a quick barre than go straight into dancing but she then realized that it wasn't good for her body and she starting to have pains in her leg. when warming up it is a good idea to take your time and really sit into every stretch so that each muscle gets strengthened and you can work every part of your body and do your absolute best.










Do you believe that when doing a physical activity warming up is necessary?



5 comments:

  1. I believe that you should always warm up. When I dance I have noticed that the more I warm up the better my technique is and how I feel afterwords as well. There is such a high risk of injuring your muscles horribly if you do not warm up properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Along with warming up, stretching after the initial workout, will increase flexibility in your body. Which is how i got my back to be at the flexibility level it is at. Also, this can help relax muscles in the body. Which is why it helps prevent injuries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think warming up in any physical activity is crucial, and helps prevent injuries in every sport. When I stretch before games, I feel more loose and comfortable when I play. But, when I don't, my body feels really tight and uncomfortable, and makes me feel like I am going to get injured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find your blog post very important, Alix. Warming up is prime before doing a physical activity. Before I play basketball, or workout, I must warm up. If I don't stretch and warm up before doing any physical activity, my body feels stiff and restricted from moving faster and more comfortably. Stretching and warming up really helps with soreness and cramps as well as injuries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that warming up is extremely important before any physical activity. In both soccer and track I have noticed a significant difference between not stretching before a game or meet and having stretched before a meet or game. When I did stretch I noticed and overall better feeling during the performance, with also a better feeling of less soreness and injuries afterwards.

    ReplyDelete