Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Vanilla wafer mini chessecakes



To my fellow bloggers,
Over the course of this project I will be trying out some of Philadelphia cream chesses best loved recipes. The first recipe I decided to give a shot was Vanilla wafer mini cheesecakes, I decided to pick this recipe because this recipe was simple and easy and allowed me to put my own little creative spin on it. Part of the directions said " Bake in preheated oven for 20 minuets or until set. Cool completely, then top with cherry pie filling. cover and refrigerate until ready to serve" but... I'm not one for fruity fillings so I decided to add my own fun little topping I decided to add a few chocolate chips on top of the cheesecakes.
Ingredients:
- 24 vanilla wafer cookies
- 3 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
To begin making the mini cheesecakes you put the cream cheese and sugar in the mixing bowl and beat until it becomes smooth then beat in eggs one at a time until completely mixed, then add in the ground nutmeg and vanilla extract. Then blend all completely.


(This is the mixture when completely mixed)
The next step is to place the vanilla wafers in the bottom of cupcake papers

(These are the vanilla wafers in the bottom of the cupcake pans)





The next step is to scoop the batter on top of the vanilla wafers, to make this step easier I was taught to use a mini ice cream scoop and put two scoops of batter on the vanilla wafers. Then with the extras I added batter to the cheesecakes I thought could have used some extra batter. Last I added a few chocolate chips on top of the cheesecakes (I only did a few because my mom wanted regular cheesecakes)


(These are the cheesecakes once completely filled)
I noticed that on all the cheesecakes the cupcake wrappers kind of bent into the cheesecakes when I put the batter into the cupcake wrappers I'm not entirely sure why that happens. The next step is to place them in the oven for 20 minuets or until completely set up. When the timer goes off let the cheesecakes cool completely and then place them in the fridge until you're ready to serve them.

     
(These are the cheesecakes baked and cooled)
In my opinion these cheesecakes were just as good as normal sized cheesecakes but half the work! I would recommend this recipe to any of you guys! My favorite were adding the chocolate chips on top!



  • Does anyone know why the cupcake wrappers bent into the batter?

  • What topping would you put on to these cheesecakes if you were to make them?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lauryn! In my baking epxperience, I noticed that if you get any batter on the side of the wrapper, it can fold in while cooking. My biggest suggestion would be to use a cupcake pan and spray it with PAM spray or something like that. Good luck next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Aiden! I bake cupcakes all the time and I usually have that problem a lot! I will for sure use this tip next time I bake cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete