Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

To Be A Good Person

Many of us remember the phrase, treat others the way you want to be treated, from growing up. Being nice and showing kindness to others is a very big part of growing up, it teaches you compassion, helps your social interactions and helps you as a person to build character. I have always had a problem with appreciating people and remembering that every little act of kindness to others leads to a bigger picture in life. Paul Dirac would agree, he presents the idea that there are no little things in life, everything you do is connected. We don't get to see whose lives we have touched and made better for just caring and showing kindness, but we do have to know that by showing kindness and touching one persons heart can lead them to do the same to another persons heart and so on causing a rippling affect in the lives of everyone (3). Lately throughout the day I have been remembering and analyzing what Paul has said and I find myself trying to do small things such as listening to someones day, helping people pick up something if they dropped it or just smiling at someone who doesn't look as though they are having the best day.

                                   

One way to show kindess is to let the people around you know that you appreciate them. As Jeri Bidel says, "If you have a great friend or acquaintance, take the time to let them know that they are great" (4). Every otherday I try to make sure to let my friends know that I am extremely thankful for them and that they are not useless. I've noticed that it helps me to feel better to know I am helpin gmake someone elses day.

                                                 

What act of kindness did you participate in today and how do you think it affected the person?

Forster, Sarah. Good Person. Comp. Dan Zadra. Ed. Kristel Wills. China: Compendium, n.d. Print.

0 comments:

Post a Comment