Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Coconut Cashew Chicken

           Around the world, there are many eating lifestyles such as Vegetarianism, Veganism, Mediterranean Lifestyle, High Fat Low Carb lifestyle, and many more. One that many people don’t really know about, or know very little about, is the Paleo Lifestyle. In Juli Bauer’s “Paleo Cookbook”, she describes the Paleo Lifestyle as being “based on what our ancestors ate and what our bodies were created to eat; simple, unprocessed foods that can be hunted or gathered. But since most of us don’t hunt or gather . . . what we 21st-century people can do is search for the best-quality meats, plants, nuts, and seeds and BOOM, we’re off to eating Paleo” (Bauer 20). The reason that I picked this book specifically is because I want become a better version of myself by eating healthier and loving myself, become a better cook, if only by a little, and because Paleo foods may change my life in the long run.  

I’m not an expert in cooking, nor do I cook very often. But when I do cook, I find it very enjoyable and it makes me happy when I can serve other people great, healthy food. The recipe that I tried out from Julie Bauer’s “Paleo Cookbook” was Coconut Cashew Chicken Fingers with Spicy Mango Dipping Sauce as shown in the picture below.

                                                            Final product of the dish.


For the amount of cooking experience that I have, and according to my parents, who I cooked for, my dish came out good and delicious. However, the chicken was a little too salty, even with the mango sauce that should have counteracted it. The authors recipe calls for 1 ½ teaspoons of salt for the chickens’ breading (Bauer 88), and next time I decide to make this dish, which will not be too far away, I will use either 1, or a ½ of teaspoon of salt.  


Questions: What are your thoughts on the Paleo Lifestyle? What kind of chicken dishes do you like the most? 

Bauer, Juli, Bill Staley, and Hayley Mason. Juli Bauer's Paleo Cookbook. Las Vegas: Victory Belt, 2015. Print.

0 comments:

Post a Comment