Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Basic Dog Drawing

Drawing is something that people do everyday whether it's doodles or masterpieces, its something that we all do. I've never been advanced in art and I really have the desire to get better even if I am just drawing dogs. Another reason that I wanted to learn to draw is because it is a technique many people use to relax and get their mind off of things. Between cheer, school, and family, I am always stressed so I believe drawing will be very good for me.


The book I decided on is "Dogs Draw and Color" by John Green and the dog I chose to draw this post was a beagle. The first step in the book is "Draw a pear shape for the body and add lines for the neck. Outline the head and ears. Draw elongated oval shapes for the legs with rounded ends, making the front legs slightly longer than the rear. Add a shape for the tail." (Green 1) This shows that the bases of drawing starts with basic shapes. After you create the rough outline you add details.











 
 
 






























 
















































































































































































































































Final thoughts: This drawing was an easy one but some of the details were harder and getting the proportions on some of the dog were kind of hard.

Questions:
Do you draw for relaxation or for fun? If so, what kinds of things do you like drawing? Do you like to draw things you never have?



4 comments:

  1. I draw for fun when I don't really have anything else better to do. I like drawing anything easy or simple but when I was little I enjoyed drawing like people even though the heads of the people would be bigger than their bodies. Sometimes I do like drawing things I don't have kind of as a dreaming technique because maybe if I don't have the object now in the future if I still want it I could get it then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get what you mean! I do the same exact thing. When I was little I used to draw dogs I didn't have or huge mansions that were way to expensive! Also, I drew people whose heads weren't sized right as well!

      Delete
  2. Hey Gracie!
    I'd say I draw more for fun rather than relaxation. Unless I'm doing silly little doodles, I find drawing a very demanding, but satisfying task. To get a good result it requires a large amount of detail. Even drawing something as seemingly simple as a dog can require a lot of your attention.The things I tend to draw people, as you can draw a human in so many different and interesting ways. I don't normally draw anything else. Nice job on your drawing and this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey John! I know what you mean! Drawing is so overly demanding and takes all of your attention which makes it kind of hard for me because I always have my attention on 50 things at once! Thanks for your nice comments!

      Delete