Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Origami Sea Turtle



In the book, Under the sea origami by Duy Nguyen, starts up the book with basic instructions and basic folds that included Kite Fold, Valley Fold, Mountain Fold, Inside Reverse Fold and much more all these basic folds have great pictures representing how to fold these basic folds that will help you in your journey making under the sea animals.

I have chosen to make a Sea Turtle. To make an origami Sea Turtle you must first have origami paper, can be found at your local craft store. The folds that are used in the making of a sea turtle is using cushion fold, pleat fold, squash folds, valley folds, and mountain fold. (Nguyen 8).
Making this magnificent sea turtle I found it to be a basic challenge. I do have past experience with origami, it was an old hobby of mine when I was little. "Position the paper, especially at corners, precisely and line edges up before creasing" (Nguyen 4). I had no trouble in effort of making the sea turtle and no trouble creasing and no trouble to line up the edges. Creasing and matching the edges must be precis in origami. It was enjoyable to make and I hope you will enjoy making one as well. And one day become an origamist. 

What's your favorite thing to make with origami paper? 

Nguyen, Duy. under the sea origami. New York: Sterling Publishing Co., Inc, 2004.






2 comments:

  1. my favorite/best origami folding would have to be when I made a dragon origami, I also recommend that you add pictures for each instruction so that I have a clear visual of what to fold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite thing to make with origami paper would be the simple transforming stars, since there are very simple and fun to create. They take a bit of time to make, but that are always fun to play with and a great way to pass time. I like the Sea Turtle that you created and the colors you chose were very matching. I would love to see more origami from you in the future!

    ReplyDelete